Cybersecurity Modelling and Simulation
Modern ICT systems are recognized as cost-effective environments in outsourcing infrastructure, platforms and software. The problems related to privacy and security are still challenging. ICT systems end-users are now using applications that fall under the data intensive paradigm, such as Skyline queries, streaming information relays, and crowd sourced disaster management. Cyber Modelling and Simulation (M&S) is defined as a collection of models, frameworks and other tools through which the researchers, engineers and technologists practice a Science of Cyber Security. However, the above paradigm shift has opened newer research directions in security, data interoperability, sustainable software development and many other areas.
This track primarily encompasses practical approaches that advance research in all aspects of handling large amounts of data in a secure manner in the cloud, mobile nodes and cloud connected Edge clusters such as in MANETs, Wireless Sensor Networks, AI systems and other ITC systems. Successful contributions may range from advanced technologies, applications and innovative solutions for secure ITC, to development of methods, conceptual and theoretical models related to secure management, monitoring, scheduling and resource allocation.
Recommended topic areas include, but are not limited to:
- M&S of security-aware data gathering and assimilation in ICT systems
- Cloud, edge and fog secure models and infrastructures
- M&S of secure multi-agent systems
- Machine learning – based models and simulators of secure ICT systems
- Advanced security and privacy mechanisms in mobile and distributed infrastructures
- Scalable identity and authentication protocols in ICT systems
- Security aware resource allocation and scheduling in computing networks
- Secure communication in Smart Grid installations using Ad Hoc Network
- Wireless Sensor Node applications for Smart Grid
- Secure 5G applications for Smart Grid
- Economical models in secure ICT environments
- Secure mobile network applications
- Trust and Reputation management in ICT systems
- M&S of attacks on machine learning models.
You may find more information to this track on: https://sites.google.com/view/secmos2024